At this time all Building projects in West Rockhill Township should halt per Gov. Wolf. All Building Inspections are canceled at this time.

By now, ALL non-life-sustaining business across Pennsylvania should be closed. Enforcement actions against businesses that don’t close will begin Saturday.

Governor Wolf's order: List of non-life-sustaining vs. life-sustaining businesses:

WRT Fee Schedule

Resolution 2020-02 establishes The Schedule of Fees & Charges associated with applications for Zoning, Building, Subdivision and Land Development (SALDO) and Administrative Permits.

Building & Zoning Permit Applications


Building Permits

Residents and contractors are required to obtain a building permit for projects including but not limited to the following: new construction, additions, alterations or changes to buildings, structures, and accessory buildings, sheds (sheds under 200 square feet only require a Zoning Permit), porches and decks, swimming pools (both in-ground and above ground), sidewalks and curbs, driveways, plumbing and electrical improvements, HVAC installations, storage tanks, blasting, fire suppression systems and the removal or demolition of any building or structure. Residents are encouraged to contact the Township Office at 215-257-9063 to determine whether a building permit is needed.

The following interactive forms may be downloaded, filled out and submitted to the Township by mail or dropped off at the Township building. Or, a paper Building Permit packet may be picked up at the Township office.

Building Permit Application

Plumbing Permit Application

Mechanical Permit Application

Electrical Permit Application A list of Approved Electrical Underwriters can be found at the bottom of this page.

Elevator Permit Application

Elevator Subcode Application

Fire Suppression Permit Application

Sprinkler Hydraulic Dataplate

Please call Code Enforcement Officer Dave Perry with any questions at: 215-257-9063.

Contractor Registration

The Pennsylvania Home Improvement Consumer Protection Act (2008) requires that all contractors who perform at least $5,000 worth of home improvements per year register with the Attorney General's Office. Registration may be completed online by visiting As of July 1, 2009, consumers in Pennsylvania will be able to verify your registration by calling a toll-free hotline, 1-888-520-6680. Contractors with questions about the law can call 717-772-2425.

West Rockhill Township requires your PA state registration number on all Building Permit forms for residential construction.

All contractors performing work on new residential construction or commercial building projects within West Rockhill Township are required to complete and submit the Contractor Registration Application with the annual fee. The registration must include a certificate of insurance with West Rockhill Township listed as certificate holder and additional insured. Building permits will not be issued until all contractors on a job are registered. If you do not have any employees, please fill out a Workman's Comp Exemption Affidavit Form and have it Notarized.

Zoning Permit

The Zoning Ordinance requires the issuance of a Zoning Permit by the Zoning Officer prior to a use being established or changed; for the erection, construction, reconstruction, alteration, razing, or removal of a structure; prior to a building being used or occupied or changed in use. Zoning permits are required for projects including, but not limited to; fences, signs, patios and a change in use such as a home occupation. No permit shall be considered as complete or as permanently effective until Zoning Officer has noted on the permit that the work or occupancy and use have been inspected and approved as being in accordance with the provisions of the Zoning Ordinance.

All applications for Zoning Permits shall be made in writing by the owner, tenant, grantee under contract of sale, or authorized agent on a form supplied by the Township. All applicants for Zoning Permits shall, at time of making application, pay a fee in accordance with the fee schedule adopted by Resolution.

Plot Plans

If you need a plot plan for your project, please go to:

The site will open an interactive map of Bucks County. You can then print out the map of your property lines to use for submission for a Zoning and/or Building Permit. Please be sure all the property line and setback measurements are completed as set forth on the application procedures.

Subdivision and Land Development

SALDO Ordinance

All applicants for Subdivision and Land Development must fill out the current SALDO Application. Directions are included.

Please refer to the current Fee Schedule for all applicable fees.

Re-Sale Use & Occupancy Permit Applications

Any building changing ownership in the Township must obtain a Use & Occupancy Permit and inspection prior to the closing sale. The three types of U&O Applications are available at the bottom of the page. Please note the items we will be inspecting listed on the form.

Home Occupation Permit

Please download a Zoning Permit in addition to the Home Occupation Permit and read the Home Occupation Requirements.

Special Needs Form

Residents needing special assistance in the event of an emergency within the Township may fill out an Emergency Special Needs Form. This form contains information which would aid emergency personnel in evacuating a resident with special needs in the event of a natural or man caused disaster.